Animal welfare

Schools must obtain a permit for these activities, and also comply with all requirements of the Australian Animal Welfare Standards Code of Practice.

School authorisation permits

Government and Catholic Schools can download a general authorisation permit for some species. The permit must be signed by the Principal of that school.

Government General School Authorisation for Government Schools (PDF, 586.0 KB)
Catholic Schools General School Authorisation for Catholic Schools (PDF, 582.3 KB)
Independent Schools To apply for permission to conduct this activity at an Independent School, please contact the DELWP Customer Service Centre on 136 186 or by email

If you require a word version of these documents, contact

Page last updated: 08/05/19