About the Wildlife Rehabilitator Grants
The Wildlife Rehabilitator Grants Program provides funding to support wildlife rehabilitators including shelter operators and foster carers, to purchase a range of equipment and infrastructure to assist with the operation of their facilities and to attend training.
The program aims to help wildlife rehabilitators to:
- increase their knowledge/skills in the care of wildlife
- improve their facilities to treat, house and rehabilitate wildlife for release
- improve the standard of wildlife care provided for specialist species (e.g. raptors) or threatened species (e.g. brush tailed phascogales).
- have held a current permit as a shelter operator or foster carer for at least two (2) years.
- are undertaking their rehabilitation activities from their registered location.
- are the only person applying from a given address (i.e. only one grant per address)
- have no convictions for fraud or convictions under the Wildlife Act 1975 or the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Act 1986 during the past ten years
- have submitted all Completion Statements for previous funding from this program
- have the consent of the property owner.
- Wildlife Rehabilitator Grants (2019/20) - Guidelines (PDF, 487.8 KB)
- Wildlife Rehabilitator Grants (2019/20)- Guidelines (accessible) (DOCX, 5.0 MB)
- Wildlife Rehabilitator Grants (2019/20)- Frequently Asked Questions (PDF, 270.2 KB)
- Wildlife Rehabilitator Grants (2019/20)- Frequently Asked Questions (accessible) (DOCX, 119.7 KB)
Grants for the 2019 round are now closed
This year a total of $200,000 was available through the Wildlife Rehabilitator Grants 2019/20 program for individual Victorian wildlife rehabilitators, including shelter operators and foster carers.
The 2019/20 grants are capped at $2,000 (ex GST), with an additional $500 for fire personal protective equipment, per eligible applicant.
Who is eligible to apply?
Individual wildlife rehabilitators in Victoria who:
Guidelines and Frequently Asked Questions
For further information, including shelter records and wildlife shelter and foster carer authorisation guides, visit:
Help for Injured Wildlife
Help for Injured Wildlife is an online tool, making it easier to find help for injured wildlife anywhere in Victoria.
The online tool gives you information about wildlife rehabilitators, rescue organisations and veterinarians in your local area who can care for the type of animal in need of help, such as a kangaroo or koala.
For more information on the Help for Injured Wildlife tool click here.