The Victorian Government’s Wildlife Rehabilitator Grants Program provides funding to support wildlife rehabilitators including shelter operators and foster carers, to purchase a range of equipment and infrastructure to assist with the operation of their facilities and to attend appropriate training.
The program aims to help wildlife rehabilitators by:
- increasing their knowledge/skills in the care of wildlife
- improving their facilities to treat, house and rehabilitate wildlife for release
- improving the standard of wildlife care provided for specialist species (e.g. raptors) or threatened species (e.g. brush tailed phascogales).
Photo credit: Rick Hammond, Zoos Victoria
Who can apply?
Wildlife rehabilitators in Victoria who:
- hold a current permit as a shelter operator or foster carer for at least two (2) years
- have no convictions for fraud or convictions under the Wildlife Act 1975 or the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Act 1986 within the past ten years
- have submitted all Completion Statements for previous funding under this program and have no outstanding compliance requirements
- have the consent of the property owner.
How can I apply?
Applications for the 2017/18 round of the Wildlife Rehabilitator Grants Program have closed.
Applications for the 2018/19 round of the Wildlife Rehabilitator Grants will open on 1 July 2018.