Applications for the 2018/19 round of the Wildlife Rehabilitator Grants Program are now closed.
Applications are being assessed and we anticipate an announcement regarding successful applications will be made in the coming months.
The Victorian Government’s Wildlife Rehabilitator Grants Program provides funding to support wildlife rehabilitators including shelter operators and foster carers, to purchase a range of equipment and infrastructure to assist with the operation of their facilities and to attend appropriate training.
The program aims to help wildlife rehabilitators by:
- increasing their knowledge/skills in the care of wildlife
- improving their facilities to treat, house and rehabilitate wildlife for release
- improving the standard of wildlife care provided for specialist species (e.g. raptors) or threatened species (e.g. brush tailed phascogales).
Who was eligible to apply?
Wildlife rehabilitators in Victoria who:
- hold a current permit as a shelter operator or foster carer for at least two (2) years
- have no convictions for fraud or convictions under the Wildlife Act 1975 or the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Act 1986 within the past ten years
- have submitted all Completion Statements for previous funding under this program and have no outstanding compliance requirements
- have the consent of the property owner.
Guidelines and Frequently Asked Questions
- 2018/19 Wildlife Rehabilitator Grants - Guidelines
- 2018/19 Wildlife Rehabilitator Grants - Guidelines (accessible)
- 2018/19 Wildlife Rehabilitator Grants - Frequently Asked Questions
- 2018/19 Wildlife Rehabilitator Grants - Frequently Asked Questions (accessible)
The grant application period ran from Sunday, 1 July 2018 until 5pm on Tuesday, 31 July 2018.