Help for Injured Wildlife

This tool will help you locate and contact the closest relevant wildlife carers and rescue and rehabilitation organisations to help the injured animal.

Please note this is for native wildlife in Victoria only. For introduced or domestic animals (e.g. deer, rabbits, foxes, pigs, goats, horses, cats, dogs, cows, sheep, chickens, llamas etc.) please contact your local council or vet.

Is the animal alive?

Please tell us about the injured frog or amphibian so we can find the most appropriate help.

Caution! Some species of frogs can carry a skin disease called chytrid which can spread to other frogs and kill them. Do not move the frog from one location to another which can spread the disease to other frogs and kill them.

Unfortunately not much further can be done for this animal.  For suspicious circumstances or mass deaths, call the DELWP Customer Contact Centre on 136 186 (Mon - Fri 8am to 6pm).

Please note it is illegal to take wildlife from the wild (including carcasses or samples of dead wildlife).